This two-day session will provide a strategy and detailed examples how to create and implement a coding compliance plan. A plan is not a static document; it is working document that must be reviewed and implementing constantly and continually.
Jeff will use his 15 plus years as an auditor, a coding training and documentation specialist to help you create a compliance plan that works for your practice.
Every Participant will receive and work through a 40-page sample Coding Compliance Plan during the workshop.
Why should you attend:
Fraud, incorrect documentation, and coding is a major risk for any medical practice. This webinar will show you how to create a compliance plans and a strategy for implementation and ensuring your coding, billing and documentation is compliant. A formal compliance plan is critical to ensuring that coding, documentation and reporting is accurate.
Areas Covered in the Session:
• Learn the seven components of a Coding Compliance Plan recommended by the OIG
• The importance of a Coding Compliance Plan
• The importance of Provider education
• How to improve an already existing Coding Compliance Plan
• Creating a plan "with teeth"
• Establishing a Coding Compliance Team
• Why periodic audits are crucial to the Plan
• Obstacles to implementing a plan
• The Impact of Up coding, Down coding and "Red Flags"
• Tips for improving documentation
• Using Peer Audits and Reviews
• Why using a third-party may help
• The difference between getting paid and coding and documentation compliance
• The ten most common problems with implementing a Coding Compliance Plan
• How to sell the Plan to the doctors
This two-day Seminar/workshop will include sessions on:
• Types of audits and auditors
• How to Audit
• Establishing internal Auditing Guidelines/Gray areas
• Medical Decision Making Documentation Training
• Carrier-Specific Rules and their role in compliance
• Specialty information
• Documentation Compliance
• Overview of ICD-10 and Compliance
Jeffrey Restuccio is a resident of Memphis, TN since 1980. He has two coding certifications: the Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) certified professional coder for physician (outpatient) reimbursement and the AAPC certified professional coder for hospital (inpatient) reimbursement. Jeff has been a certified coder since 1999.
Jeff has the unique combination of twenty years of experience, Medical Coding Certification (CPC & CPC-H), training experience (medical coding and billing) a strong background in databases and Information Systems, and an MBA in Finance.
DATE AND VENUE:
Location: San Francisco, CA| October 31st & November 1st, 2013 | 9 AM to 6 PM EDT
Venue: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport
835 Airport Blvd., Burlingame, California, 94010-9949, USA
Register now and save $200. (Early Bird)
Until September 16, Early Bird Price: $1,195.00
from September 17 to October 29, Regular Price: $1,395.00
Toll free: 800-385-1607
Fax: 302 288 6884
Event Link - http://bit.ly/11Lhj9K
LIVE CHAT SUPPORT -http://www.mentorhealth.com/chat/client.php?
43337 Livermore Common, Fremont CA 94539, USA
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport 835 Airport Blvd., Burlingame, California, 94010-9949, USA, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport 835 Airport Blvd., Burlingame, California, 94010-9949, USA, 94010, Burlingame, USACategory