On Thursday May 16, 2013 at 8:30 am (ends Friday May 17, 2013 at 3:30 pm)
Strategies for preventing the incidence and reducing the severity of falls in hospital and community settings.
Topics to be addressed:
• Falls prevention in the acute hospital setting: Overview of the 6-PACK project
• In-hospital fall injuries: Where, when and how do they occur?
• My 6-PACK: Facilitating a culture change in falls prevention
• Falls Prevention and Wellbeing Program: Something different?
• Raising the profile of fall injury prevention
• Falls prevention knowledge for community-dwelling people living with dementia
• Fear of falling: Does it increase hospital length of stay?
• COTA SA's 2 tier category system for Strength for Life (SFL)
• Exercise for falls prevention in residential aged care
• Development of a falls prevention framework for Bethanie Residential Aged Care
• Does podiatry have a role in falls prevention?
• Medication management and falls in the elderly
• Falls prevention in remote aboriginal communities
Price: $ 2194.50 AUD