Seats have a huge impact on customer perception and flight costs! With rising fuel prices looming on the horizon, airlines cannot afford to miss out on the opportunity to reduce costs by further minimizing the weight of their interior design. Less carbon consumption and a further range with an increased passenger payload are the major motivators driving innovations in seating design. At the same time, airlines need to have a distinct cabin interior design in order to bind customers and to comply with their demands for comfort and safety: enhanced and innovative solutions for seating comfort and functionality, ambience and entertainment are an absolute must-have for OEMs, airlines and suppliers. Therefore the challenge is to minimize seat weight but at the same time optimize seat ergonomics and still meet with legal restrictions.
Driving factors include greater demand for cabin customization with respect to passenger comfort and increasing passenger growth rate worldwide.
Main topics include:
1. Trends and customer experience: Identify requirements for future seats
2. Innovative solutions for seating comfort and functionality: Research of ergonomic/human factors; translation into seat design & intelligent designs for optimal usage of cabin space
3. New Materials and Technologies: Lightweight vs. cost? Lightweight construction (Composites); Materials and designs to reduce seat weight and space to save costs and improve aircraft´s efficiency
4. Virtual Reality (VR) - improving passenger comfort and how does it interplay with travel expectations?
Meet experts from the following companies:
1. Airbus Operations GmbH, Germany
2. Bombardier, Canada
3. Optimares, Italy
4. Expliseat, France
5. B/E Aerospace, USA
6. Dräxlmaier Aviation GmbH, Germany
7. RECARO Aircraft Seating GmbH & Co. KG, Germany
8. LufthansaTechnik AG, Germany
9. TIMCO Aerosystems, USA
10. ZODIAC SEATS, USA
11. Max Planck Insitute for Biological Cybernetics, Germany
Price: Bronze Package 2 day conference: €2549 + VAT