The Academic Governance Forum examines academic governance in light of extensive changes particularly with regard to quality and standards.
Informa Higher Education Series’ inaugural Academic Governance Forum will bring together the chairs and members of senates with faculty leaders, governance experts and university management, to discuss the trends in academic governance and the impact of the sectoral landscape on academic boards and senates.
The two day forum considers the characteristics of the modern university and the impact of regulatory change, academic innovation and institutional change on the form and function of academic boards.
Key topics include:
- The diversity of organisational structures and missions – impact on academic systems and culture
- Role and function of modern academic boards
- Regulatory change
- The intersection between corporate governance and academic governance
- Academic independence and integrity – have traditional concepts given way to modern thinking
- Faculty and governance
- Curriculum development and pathways
- TEQSA – impact on future role of academic boards/senates
- Academic risk, quality assurance and monitoring
- Impact of unionisation on academic governance strategies
- E-learning, technology and innovation – implications for governance
- Research and governance
Price: Two day forum: $1864.50 AUD, Speaker Presentation Downloads: $764.50 AUD
Artists / Speakers: Director, Professor Margaret Mazzolini, pro Vice Chancellor (Learning and Teaching), Victoria University Professor Ben Bradley, Presiding Officer Academic Senate & Foundation Professor of Psychology, Charles Sturt University Dr Kim Dowling, Chair – Academic Board, University of Ballarat Jeannie Rea, National President, NTEU Associate Professor Sally Varnham, Chair, Academic Board, University of Technology Sydney Professor Prem Ramburuth, President - Academic Board, The University of New South Wales Professor Julie Fitness, Chair - Academic Board, Macquarie University Professor Sally Varnham, University of Technology Sydney Di Booker, Director - Policy, AQF Professor Ruth Rentschler OAM, Chair Academic Board, Deakin University Professor David Wilkinson, Dean of Medicine, University of Adelaide Professor Colin Rhodes, Dean, Sydney College of the Arts, The University of Sydney Professor Ian Palmer, Pro Vice Chancellor (Business), RMIT Dr Lindsay Heywood, Higher Education Standards Executive.
From: May 06, 2013 00:00
To: May 07, 2013 23:59
Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel, 30 Pitt St, 2000, Sydney, Australia