Learn about the properties of hematite & magnetite, their processing requirements, & what makes them a saleable iron ore that’s of market quality & meets customer requirements.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Appreciate the formation of iron ores and how this determines their properties
- Understand the impact of impurities on downstream users and understand why some ores are sellable and some are not
- Explain the chemical and physical properties of ores that customers need
- Review the major types of iron ore and their characteristics which allow them to be upgraded
- Examine the major methods of upgrading hematite and magnetite ores
- Compare the likely capital and operating costs of each upgrading process
- Review the factors which might lead to a successful project
- Compare practical processing projects from around the world
- This worshop is ideal for those who need to understand which features of an iron ore body are important from a processing and end-user perspective.