The 22nd International Conference on Algorithmic Learning Theory (ALT 2011) will be held at Aalto University in Espoo, Finland, during 5-7 October 2011. The conference is on the theoretical foundations of machine learning. The conference will be co-located with the 14th International Conference on Discovery Science (DS 2011).
Topics of Interest: We invite submissions that make a wide variety of contributions to the theory of learning, including the following:
* Comparison of the strength of learning models and the design and evaluation of novel algorithms for learning problems in established learning-theoretic settings such as
o statistical learning theory,
o on-line learning,
o inductive inference,
o query models,
o unsupervised, semi-supervised and active learning.
* Analysis of the theoretical properties of existing algorithms:
o families of algorithms could include
+ kernel-based methods, SVM,
+ Bayesian networks,
+ methods for reinforcement learning or learning in repeated games,
+ graph- and/or manifold-based methods,
+ methods for latent-variable estimation and/or clustering,
+ decision tree methods,
+ information-based methods,
o analyses could include generalization, convergence or computational efficiency.
* Definition and analysis of new learning models. Models might
o identify and formalize classes of learning problems inadequately addressed by existing theory or
o capture salient properties of important concrete applications.
Invited Talks. The two distinguished invited speakers for ALT 2011 are professor Peter Auer (University of Leoben) and professor Jorma Rissanen (Helsinki Institute for Information Technology). In addition there will be one invited speaker jointly with DS 2011.
Submission. Authors can submit their papers electronically via our submission page.
* Submission deadline: May 18, 2011 (you may submit for as long as it is May 18, 2011 anywhere in the world)
* Notification of acceptance or rejection will be emailed to the submitting author by June 30, 2011.
* The camera-ready copy of accepted papers will be due July 10, 2011.
From: October 05, 2011 00:00
To: October 07, 2011 23:59
Aalto University, Lämpömiehenkuja 2, 02150, Espoo, Finland