How can the construction industry become more efficient and productive?
The construction industry in Europe is suffering. Productivity is declining, costs are increasing and skilled labour is becoming more difficult to find.
Modular and off-site methods seem to provide the answer. Time efficient, high quality and involving less on-site labour modular and offsite production looks set to provide the construction industry with a solution.
Yet why is it not being used?
The Commercial Modular and Off-Site Construction Summit will bring together site owners, contractors, developers and architects across the commercial and residential construction industries to discuss the benefits, challenges and concerns of modular and off-site construction.
Why should you attend?
This event will educate and inform everyone involved in the industry on key issues including:
- Comparing modular and panel construction methods, materials used and the pros and cons of each so you can decide the best for your business
- How to achieve developments which are sustainable, zero carbon and BREEAM certified and the benefits of doing so
- Dispelling modular misconceptions including concerns around cost, quality, appearance and high volume production to learn the true facts about modular construction
- What innovative alternative materials are available and the cost, construction time and quality of each
- Addressing concerns on inflexibility and repetition – is modular and off-site construction as restrictive as perceived
- How the industry is recovering from the recession and the solution modular construction provides to meet building demand
Price: Standard: EUR 2349
Speakers: Professor Mark Lawson, Jaimie Johnston, Brendan Geraghty, Rory Bergin, Dries Hagen, David Blaike, Dr Robert Hairstans, Nick Whitehouse, Felix Madrazo, Professor Ray Ogden
Venue details: City Centre, Rotterdam, Netherlands