Learn about Sociocracy 3.0 (S3), a practical guide for more conscious collaboration in groups and organizations from small start-ups to large international networks, with Xana Piteira and Maria Rute Costa of Orla Design. The training starts on Thursday, 4 April 2019 at 15:00 CEST and ends on Saturday, 6 April 2019 at 13:00 CEST, and precedes the ECOLISE 2019 General Assembly, 7-11 April 2019. For travel details see the ECOLISE 2019 GA travel page.
General training content:
- basic concepts, history, seven principles and four dimensions of Sociocracy 3.0
- theory and practice of decision making processes: Consent Decision Making, Proposal Forming and Role Selection
- patterns for Work Coordination, Organizational Structures and Bringing In S3
Check this Consent Decision Making demonstration as a training preview (12 minute video):
During this training participants will learn and understand:
- a majority of patterns for evolving agile and resilient organizations, understanding their purpose and application
- decision making processes that bring equivalence to collaboration
- tools to distribute and organize work effectively, while fostering engagement and self responsibility
- several ways of bringing in S3 into different contexts.
Participants will experience ways to:
- identify and communicate organizational needs, and how it can improve its ability to respond consciously and in continuous improvement
- facilitate and participate in collaborative practices that enable transparency, effectiveness, empiricism and consent
- identify specific patterns and practices to respond to specific needs of an organization
- to co-create proposals effectively and evolving agreements and guide others to do so
- develop reflexivity while exploring S3 practices, in order to enable personal and group development.
Please note that in October 2018 ECOLISE Council decided to start doing learning experiments using Sociocracy 3.0 as a resource. Learning by doing is ongoing.
The training finances are open and transparent for all participants and ECOLISE member organisations. During the training organisers will present a financial report that will explain the outcome of the solidarity funding. If needed, member organisations are invited to contribute to the solidarity funding in the form of additional contributions.
Please register for this training by selecting one of one of three optional tickets (one ticket per person). SUGGESTED is the normal rate, and the GIVEHELP or GETHELP tickets provide the option of paying a little more or less respectively. Ticket includes all the costs for the Sociocracy 3.0 Introduction training, accommodation and meals.
If GETHELP ticket does not work for you feel free to contact us with clear proposal and we will see if we can work something out.
For any questions please send an email to Nenad Maljković - nenad.maljkovic [at] gmail.com.
Xana's roots travel the globe from Lisbon to Macau and her luggage caries training in Psychology, Education, Permaculture, Regeneration and Communities. During her journey she becomes pioneer of several social initiatives in the field of Education and Permaculture: Brainstorming Creations Lda (Macau, 2005), NaTerra (Macau – East Timor, 2008) and Quinta do Vale da Lama (Portugal, 2012). More about Xana.
Maria was born and grew up in Oporto where her journey began in arts, however, her desire to know nature more in depth and contribute to sustainable ways of life led her to embark in Landscape Architecture in the time of her graduation. Always curious to explore challenges and bring solutions for a better world, she met Agroforestry, Permaculture and Ecovillage Design Education (Gaia Education), embracing a holistic approach to landscape and community design. More about Maria.
ECOLISE is a coalition of national and international networks of community-led initiatives on sustainability and climate change, as well as organisations that support a community-led transition to a resilient Europe, currently 43 member organisations strong. This training sponsored by ECOLISE is open to associates of the ECOLISE member organisations and also to non-members. More about ECOLISE.