Choose this distance learning programme to increase your understanding and practical skills, to gain a competitive edge and a respected degree from one of the world’s leading centres in European law.
All in just eight months, without interrupting your current employment and with the added option (if successful at postgraduate diploma level) to continue to study at masters level.
- Dr Mike Walker, Vice President, Charles River Associates
- Professor Richard Whish, Emeritus Professor, King's College London
- Dr. Adrian Majumdar, Partner, RBB Economics
• Introduction to Economics of Competition Law
• Market Power
• Market Definition
• Predation and Excessive Pricing
• Price Discrimination, Discounts, Tying and Bundling
• Refusal to Supply, Essential Facilities and Margin Squeeze
• Network Effects and Multi-sided Markets
• Vertical Restraints and Cartels
• Mergers: Unilateral Effects
• Co-ordinated Merger Effects and Non-horizontal Mergers
• State Aid
• Quantitative Techniques
For more detail on each unit and the list of tutors please see the course website.
“Comprehensive programme and materials, excellent seminars and interesting content”
(J. Callaghan, Home Retail Group plc)
“Very useful application to my day-to-day work”
(C. Luna-Esteban, OFT)
“Interesting, readily applicable contents for the everyday practice of Competition Law”
(J. Berardo, Barbosa, Mussnich and Aragao)
“Extremely helpful - good course materials and excellent seminar presenters”
(A. Stratakis, Baker and McKenzie LLP)
“Good balance between theory and practical examples. Good seminar format and useful content”
(O. O’Reilly, Com Reg Ireland)
On Tuesday October 01, 2013 at 9:00 am (ends Sunday June 01, 2014 at 5:00 pm).
Artists / Speakers: Dr. Adrian Majumdar (Partner; RBB Economics), Professor Richard Whish (Emeritus Professor; King's College London), Dr Mike Walker (Vice President; Charles River Associates).