Clinically-approved epigenetic therapies are currently effective in only one area: leukaemia. But this belies their true potential.
Treatments in development are rapidly expanding across disciplinary boundaries into solid tumours, inflammatory, neurological, metabolic and rare diseases.
Following extensive discussions with senior industry and academic experts, Pharma IQ's Epigenetic Innovations summit will focus on fundamental mechanisms, chemical targets and therapies unrestricted by therapeutic area. Expertise in bioinformatics, sequencing, medicinal chemistry and clinical assessment converge at this unique, three day meeting, will enable you to:
• Identify and refine demethylases and methyltransferase inhibitors for oncology, metabolic, pulmonary and infectious diseases - new findings from 4SC, Epitherapeutics, Cellzome, University of Freiburg Medical Centre and Imperial College London
• Apply structure-based drug design, label-free and biochemical assays to enhance target selection for inflammation - illustrated by GlaxoSmithKline
• Optimise epigenetic clinical trial design in the UK and EU - lessons from Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham and University Hospital Dresden
• Counteract epigenetic modulators involved in drug resistance in solid tumours -- novel case study from Genentech
• Apply functional validation of epigenetic targets using genetic tools - insights from Helmholtz Zentrum München
For more information about the sessions and speaker line-up of the only event covering oncology, inflammatory, fibrotic CNS, rare, metabolic and infectious diseases, simply download the event brochure at www.epigeneticinnovations.com/Brochure.aspx.
Artists / Speakers: Charles Craddock, Andreas S. Richter, Fabian Theis, Richard Meehan, Peter Hongaard Andersen.