For designers and bridge owners, fibre reinforced polymer (FRP) materials offer distinct advantages over other material that can provide dynamic solutions as well as long term benefits including:
• Reduced mass leading to easier, faster and more economic installations.
• Superior durability in particular to atmospheric degradation, de-icing salts etc, leading to reduced maintenance requirements.
• Ability to form prefabricated complex shapes.
• Good electrical and thermal properties which can be utilized to meet specific performance requirements.
Aim of the Event
This 2 day event will showcase the current and future innovations in FRP bridge design, challenging traditional bridge architects and engineers to consider the material in the early stages of the design process.
The event will provide a forum for exchanging ideas, concepts and showcasing recent projects.
Call for Papers
Papers are sought on the following subjects relating to FRP foot and transport bridges:
• Case studies for past, current and planned projects
• Design issues and design guidance
• Joining of components
• Testing and evaluation of structures
• Maintenance and Performance in service
• Environmental evaluation
• Materials and surface finishes
• Hybrid structures
• Future opportunities
Please send abstracts of around 250 words to Gemma Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 2nd May 2014. Chosen speakers may be asked to prepare a full paper for publication in the conference proceedings.
A heavily discounted speaker fee of approximately £150 (ex VAT) will be applied to presenters at the conference. This will include entry into the conference for the 2 days and attendance at coinciding social events.