Consumers nowadays are laying more emphasison the aesthetics and comfort part of an automobile, choosing one over the other; because the interior simply wasn't appealing or comfortable. Textiles and fibres play a major part in automotive concept and design with benefits of cost and weight reduction, new developments in function as well as aesthetical considerations. Modern textiles offer new possibilities to interior designers. The range goes from radiant to self-cleaning fabrics to monitoring of body functions by sensing textiles in the seat and steering wheel. The current trend in textiles as far as automobiles are concerned, points at an increasing use of natural materials; materials that replace plastics, which are as much as 95% recyclable, and rigid and light as well. While the main emphasis of this conference will be on automotive interiors; sustainability, functionality and composites will all feature as well as rapid advances in smart textiles.
Further speakers will give insights into composites and lightweight materials, including 3D production technologies for carbon fibre-reinforced composites and the use of natural-fibre composites to reduce weight and costs.
- Discover the latest smart textile and fibre materials for automotive interiors in series production to be ahead of the competition
- Learn what is new in textile functionality to achieve greater durability, self cleaning, cooling and thermal resistant materials in the most cost-effective manner
- Evaluate the latest printing technologies for recycled & renewable materials to guarantee sustainability and energy efficiency
- Reduce costs in automotive interior design with the right choice of textiles and fibres to manage rapidly changing consumer expectations
- Examine the latest developments regarding materials, processes and technologies that enhance comfort and convenience for consumers and help creating more aesthetically pleasing ergonomic interiors
930 2091 3274