Independent contractors save your business money, but increasing IRS scrutiny can put you at risk. Fail to meet all the 1099 filing requirements, and you may land in a hotbed of penalties. With a maze of 1099 forms, and confusing and ever-changing IRS reporting guidelines, mastering the 1099 can be a daunting task for any business.
Attend this informative seminar and sharpen your 1099 and 1098 savvy. Our experienced local professional will help you develop better, more accurate reporting skills - keep your business audit-ready and in compliance.
Benefits for You
- Save time and hassle using tips on complying with reporting requirements
- Pinpoint when to issue a W-2 or 1099 form
- Tackle your 1099-MISC questions
- Walk through the 1099 and 1098 series of forms with ease - know which form you need to use
- You will be able to identify independent contractor vs. employee.
- You will be able to discuss investments.
- You will be able to review 1099-MISC forms.
- You will be able to explain 1099-C.
- You will be able to identify IRS penalties for failure to file