Brno, the workplace of the "Father of Genetics" Augustinian friar G. J. Mendel, and the conference organizers, are very pleased to offer a conference platform on modern engineering using the principles of heredity. The International Soft Computing Conference – MENDEL 2014 organizers wish to create a base for an exchange of theoretical and practical knowledge of evolutionary computation and computational intelligence.
You are cordially invited to participate in and attend the 20th International Conference on Soft Computing – MENDEL. This year the conference is organized under the auspices of Brno University of Technology. The aim of the conference is to serve as a forum to present current and future work as well as to exchange research ideas in this field. All submitted papers will be reviewed by at least two reviewers. Selection criteria will be based on relevance, originality, significance, impact, technical soundness and quality of the presentation. Contributions are expected to provide original results, insights and experimental innovations.
The accepted papers will be published in the book series MENDEL as Proceedings (Hard Copy) with ISBN and ISSN number (ISSN 1803-3814) which is indexed in Scopus. All accepted and presented papers will be sent to indexation by ISI Thomson Reuters (WoS), DBLP and INSPEC databases. The Mendel papers have been indexed in ISI Thomson Reuters since 2008. The authors of the high quality papers will be invited to adapt and extend their contribution for the publication in the Special Issues of following prestigious journals: Soft Computing (IF 1.12) and Swarm and Evolutionary Computation (Elsevier).
The scope of the conference includes:
Innovation and Theory
• Genetic Algorithms, Genetic Programming
• Grammatical Evolution, Differential Evolution
• Swarm Intelligence, Ant Colonies, Artificial Life
• Neural Networks, Self-organization
• Probabilistic Metaheuristic
• Fuzzy Logic, Bayesian Methods
• Hybrid, Distributed and Parallel Algorithms
• Evolvable Hardware, Chemical Evolution
• Deterministic Chaos, Complexity, Fractals
• Intelligent Image Processing
• Machine Learning, Multi-Agent Systems
• Combinatorial Optimization, Nonlinear Programming
• Control Design, Modeling and Simulation
• Artificial Intelligence, System Identification
• Image Processing, Signal Processing
• Pattern Recognition, Vision System
• Machine Learning, Scheduling Algorithms
• Robotics, Motion Planning
• Process Industry
• Computer Science, Mathematics,
• Astronomy, Chemistry, Physics, Business
• Mathematical Optimization vs. Soft Computing
An important remark: As every year, the organizers are preparing the special workshop on the steamboat as important part of the conference. The workshop will include discussion, music, conference dinner and pleasant experience.