This Forum will help provide you with the necessary insight into reducing the risks associated with cables and the tools to develop engineering and maintenance strategies to improve the performance and ROI of your wind project.
Topics covered will include:
- How are developers coping with the issues around cables installation and maintenance?
- New designs and installation methods: How will these reduce failure and downtime costs whilst improving long-term power generation?
- Developing a quick, efficient cable installation strategy to enable cost reduction and smooth operations
- Tools and techniques to mitigate insurance premiums
- Assessing cable burial needs and choosing the best trenching methods for different sites
- Evaluating current and future cable protection systems in order to select the most effective and cost efficient solution
- What vessel and access options are available for cable installation in far-offshore, deep water sites?
- Building a robust cable repair strategy to reduce downtime
Super Early Bird (ending 12 December): £1300,
Early Bird (ending 16 January): £1400,
Speakers: Dimitris Kostopoulos - Associate: Head Of Cable Research - The Carbon Trust, David Gray - Head of Offshore Technical - Ofgem, Mark Lawrence - Senior Project Manager - RES Offshore, Sean Kelly - Head of Transmissions - Offshore Wind Programme Board, Truels Kjer - Chief Risk Engineer - Codan Insurance, Karl-Heinz Cohnen - Team Leader Power Cable Monitoring - NKT Cables, Simon Catmull - Data Engineer - RES Offshore, Richard Parkinson - Managing Director - Mojo Maritime Ltd, James Pilgrim - Electrical Specialist - Southampton University, Hanita Thakkar - Planning and Performance Manager - Centrica Energy EandP, Charles Green - Energy Asset Manager - The Crown Estate, Tim Bland - Project Manager - EDF, Dr Ander Madariaga - Research Engineering Specialist: Electrical Infrastructures - ORE Catapult
From: February 10, 2015 08:30
To: February 11, 2015 16:30
Ilec Conference Centre, 47 Lillie Rd, SW6 1UD, United Kingdom