FATCA is amongst the biggest topics of debate in financial institutions across the globe. The effect that it will have on these institutions cannot be underestimated and its operational impact on the existing systems is set to be both time consuming and costly. The ability to successfully align all key stakeholders, including operations, technology, risk, legal and tax, will determine the ultimate cost of FATCA compliance. Moving on from mere interpretive matters, this GFMI conference will not only address key FATCA requirements but also discuss the practical impacts of IGAs and strategies for achieving operational and infrastructural efficiency.
The Operational and Technical Changes for FATCA Compliance Conference will be a two and half day, industry focused event, specific to Senior Executives working in Banks, Insurance and Asset Management Companies. Attendees will address key FATCA requirements, while discussing the practical implications of IGAs and strategies for achieving operational and infrastructural efficiency.
Key Themes of the Operational and Technical Changes for FATCA Compliance Conference Include:
1. Challenges of FATCA regulations and prospects for the final regulation
2. Achieving operational and infrastructural efficiency
3. Coordinating existing AML/KYC procedures with FATCA compliance
4. FATCA from the FFI’s perspective 5. Beyond banking: the challenges of FATCA implementation
6. Coping with the withholding obligation under FATCA