Pharmaceutical Parallel Trade in the European Union is a large and growing phenomenon.
Different regulatory regimes for pharmaceuticals result in significant differences in pharmaceutical prices across countries. These prices make it profitable for parallel trade to take place in addition to it reaching a significant proportion of total national pharmaceutical expenditure in many European countries. The issue of pharmaceutical parallel trade continues to generate controversy among stakeholders and has become an issue of intense debate in the global trading system.
Based on this, SMi is proud to be hosting the 9th annual - and leading European - Parallel Trade conference on 9-10 February 2015 in London. This event will focus on assessing pricing strategies and the impact of parallel trade on the generics market and vice versa.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
- Hear from those at the heart of Parallel Trade on the core concerns affecting you. Addressing the challenges are Eric Noehrenberg, Janice Haigh and Richard Freudenberg
- Germany are the industry leaders in this field, hear from IGES on Parallel Trade in Germany and what the influencing factors are and analysing the market
- Enhance supply chain protection and patient safety with an update on the Falsified Medicines Directive
- Case study sessions on best practices and implementation, in addition to three round table discussions will generate debate, don’t miss out!
SPEAKER PANEL INCLUDES:
- Antonio Mendonca Alves, CEO, MD Pharma SA
- Bertram Häussler, Chairman of the Board of Management, IGES Institut GmbH
- Christopher Stothers, Partner, Arnold and Porter
- Dermot Glynn, Senior Adviser, Europe Economics
- Eric Noehrenberg, Director, Regional Market Access Lead, Shire GmbH
- Janice Haigh, Practice Leader, Market Access, Quintiles Ltd.
- Patrick O'Neill-Ortiz, Managing Director, Parallel Pharma Ltd
- Shan Hassam, Group Director, Veenak International Ltd