The PCOS Awareness Symposium presented by PCOS Challenge, Inc. will feature some of the world's leading experts on Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).
PCOS is one of the most critical, underserved, under-diagnosed and underfunded conditions affecting women's health. It is a complex hormonal, metabolic and reproductive disorder that affects one in 10 women of childbearing age. PCOS is a leading cause of infertility in women and a precursor for numerous life threatening related conditions including type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Women with PCOS are also at higher risk for obesity, severe depression, endometrial cancer and other cancers.
The PCOS Awareness Symposium will bring together clinicians, researchers, hundreds of women with PCOS and their supporters for a day of sharing experiences, insights and the latest updates about Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
This important event will help women and girls affected by PCOS become proactive about their health and discover strategies and resources to overcome their symptoms and reduce their risk for life-threatening related diseases.
Some of the topics covered include:
- PCOS Research Updates
- Diet, Nutrition, Exercise and Lifestyle Management of PCOS
- Naturopathic and Integrative Care Approaches to PCOS
- PCOS in Teens and Adolescents: Early Diagnosis and Intervention
- The PCOS-Diabetes Connection: Prevention and Management
- Preventing Cardiovascular Diseases in PCOS
- PCOS and Fertility
- Managing the Psychological Impacts of PCOS
- Dermatologic Implications of PCOS
This event is free for patients and their supporters. $30 for healthcare professionals and includes CME/CEU credits.
For more information and to register, visit http://www.pcoschallenge.org/symposium.