The programme provides tuition from one of Europe’s leading centres in European Law and is studied on a distance learning basis, thereby avoiding crucial time spent away from your place of work.
The programme aims to provide the professional with an in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the general principles of copyright law, mainly focusing on the law in the United Kingdom, the principles of United States copyright law and the major ‘copyright’ Directives of the European Community
It will allow you to gain a competitive advantage in a difficult job market and increase your skills at this crucial time.
Specifically the programme will:
• Introduce the main international copyright conventions in the field;
• Deal with rights in literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works, films, sound recordings, broadcasts, cable programmes, computer programs and databases, performers’ rights and publishers’ rights;
• Cover both theoretical aspects and questions which arise in practice, in particular concerning infringement and available remedies;
• Include a unit devoted to the French and German laws on author’s rights and related rights;
• Examine thoroughly United States Copyright Law in two units;
• Conclude with the main challenges in the field of copyright, in particular those arising from international communication through satellite and the internet, and from digital technology generally
Successful Postgraduate Diploma students can, if they wish, apply to enrol in a Masters in UK, EU and US Copyright Law from King’s College London which is also a part-time distance learning programme
From: October 01, 2013 00:00
To: October 01, 2013 23:59
Maple House, 149 Tottenham Court Road, W1T 7NF, London, United Kingdom