Young people are increasingly being exposed to an open online culture. Children as young as primary are now connected in mobile and social platforms. With the rapid uptake of digital devices, the risk of being able to access all kinds of inappropriate material has heightened. In 2013 around one fifth of 8 to 13 year olds reported seeing or experiencing something on the internet in the last year that bothered them. Schools are now dealing with complex online incidents such as cyber bullying, sexting, threatening behaviour and predators.
Have you developed a framework to effectively tackle the growing challenge of protecting youth online?
This conference will address how to:
• Collaborate with and educate the wider community to strengthen cyber safety
• Develop a robust school policy for online safety
• Effectively utilise and implement prevention and response programs
• Identify roles and responsibilities for protecting youth online in and outside school
• Gain clarity around legal rights and responsibilities
• Keep up to date with current platforms and technologies
Price: Standard : $2799
From: October 28, 2014 08:00
To: October 29, 2014 17:00
Rydges Melbourne, 186 Exhibition St, 3000, Melbourne, Australia