People with long-term mental health problems or learning disabilities have an increased chance of getting physically ill.
Mental health professionals are ideally placed to assess and manage the physical health of their patients, and it is crucial that they stay up to date with the latest clinical advances.
Benefits of attending Psychiatry and Physical Health:
• Examine the need for improving physical health monitoring in psychiatry
• Assess ways of promoting healthy lifestyles in mental illness
• Increase understanding of the adverse effects of antipsychotics
• Update your skills and knowledge in monitoring and managing cardiovascular disease, obesity, diabetes, eating disorders, COPD, epilepsy and substance misuse
• Receive practical advice on how to implement healthy lifestyles using the recovery approach, and how to set up an effective wellbeing service
• Share and exchange ideas with the leading practitioners in the field