Master Class is designed for business members and cluster managers working in city administrations and regional economic development agencies, within the topics of city planning and sustainable urban development.
THE TRAINING CONCEPT CONSISTS OF:
• Preparation of C40 city members on how to work with clusters and multi-stakeholder engagement in practise
• Inspiration on how various cities respond to the SDG's and adapt to climate change through clustering and innovative multi-stakeholder collaboration creation
• Theory on our 10 step model to cluster excellence which is a proven model on how to build multi-stakeholder platforms and sustainable innovation clusters
• Practical tools and examples of multi-stakeholder and citizen engagement
• Interactive discussions and co-creation
• Exercises taking point of departure in the participant's local context
• Guest speakers and interaction with successful cluster and multi-stakeholder platform managers. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE MASTERCLASS:
• Build a solid cluster overview and learn from the best practitioners on how to build and implement successful multi-stakeholder platforms and cluster initiatives
• Get practical tools and models for cluster development and for engaging public, private, academic and civil society stakeholders in strong partnerships
• Learn and discuss about concrete actions, long-term business models and financial models for innovation clusters and multi-stakeholder platforms
• Learn and discuss how Open Innovation and Living Labs can support SDG implementation and sustainable urban development
• Meet practitioners and successful cluster managers to discuss and translate their experience into your local reality through exercises and interactive sessions • Learn how to organise strong clusters and multi-stakeholder platforms and how to build strong international cluster-to-cluster or city-to-city collaborations
The Master Class will be facilitated by our CEO Nicolai Sederberg Rottbøll who is an experienced cluster practitioner and since the establishment of Quercus Group in 2012 has advised cluster managers, governments, city administrations and organisations in 30+ countries. Before, founding Quercus Group, he was the main driving force behind the development and management of one of Europe's largest and fastest growing cleantech clusters - Copenhagen Cleantech Cluster. Nicolai's speciality is multi-stakeholder engagement, organisational models, business & membership models and international cluster collaboration.
Learn more about Quercus Group → quercus-group.com
He will be joined by Jakob Stoumann who is Managing Director of Oxford Research Denmark. Throughout his career, Jakob has been working with knowledge-based innovation, design processes and strategic development in the cross-field of private businesses, start-ups, academia, public authorities and civil society. He carries substantial hands-on experience in designing and building cluster initiatives, innovation hubs and multi-stakeholder platforms. Further, Jakob holds significant expertise in sustainable urban and regional planning and is frequently involved in developing strategies, master and action plans for city districts and smart city initiatives.
Learn more about Oxford Research → oxfordresearch.dk
Additionally, we are collaborating with Cluster Excellence Denmark which serves a national support function for Denmark's clusters and innovative networks. Merete Daniel Nielsen who is the CEO of Cluster Excellence Denmark and also the President of TCI Network will join to share her expertise on the best practice tools, cases of clusters in the circular economy and how clusters can be used to put SDGs into action. Along Merete, Master Class will be joined by a number of experts within the field:
• Bo Asmus Kjeldgaard – Former Mayor of Copenhagen, and the driving force for Copenhagen's climate adaptation plan and city's goal of being CO2 neutral by 2025
• Michael Johansen – Director of CLEAN, Denmark's leading cleantech cluster focusing on creating impact, innovation and green transition through multi-stakeholder engagement across business, academia and public institutions
• Jacob Lundgaard – Director of Smart City Cluster Denmark. SCCD works with Denmark's smart city landscapes and their management across public, private and academia, and ways how living labs can play a crucial role in cities' green transition
• Marianna Lubanski – CEO, Knowledge City Lyngby-Taarbæk where she focuses on building a world-leading Innovation District that integrates citizens, commercial life, research and the city for sustainable development
• Kim Møller – Founder & Chairman of Oxford Group, as well as a Certified Trainer of Oxford Leadership Academy which focuses on the "what & why" of clusters, its management tools
• Bjarne Palstrøm – Senior Advisor at Confederation of Danish Industry and Project Director of Kenya Nordic Green HUB which focuses on building a multi-stakeholder (cluster) platform for green growth and climate adaptation in Kenya.
Timing and location of the Master Class
6th of October from 9 AM to 7th of October 4 PM, Copenhagen, Denmark
1250 EUR excl. vat ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Get in touch
Call us at +45 29 49 45 61 or email at email@example.com for more information ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Download the full event description in the form of presentation