This conference will provide universities with strategies compete on an international scale in attracting and retaining high-calibre international academic talent.
Due to globalisation universities are struggling to compete internationally in attracting and retaining talented academics.
It is essential for universities to source international academics to develop their institution, advance participation in high quality research, increase rankings and generate greater student enrolments. This conference will provide universities with strategies to enable them to compete on an international scale in attracting and retaining high-calibre international academic talent.
This conference will address how to:
• Identify opportunities through international market analyses
• Build an effective university brand and employer value proposition
• Source and secure international academic leaders
• Implement successful onboarding and retention strategies
“The chase for talent is hotting up because there is global competition. There are universities in the East investing heavily and often trying to hire back staff who have gone abroad. If we are going to compete we’ve got to work even harder to obtain and retain talent.”
- Professor Chris Higgins, Vice-Chancellor, Durham University
The Guardian, United Kingdom, December 2012
Who will attend?
University representatives with responsibilities for:
Recruitment and appointments
Onboarding and retention
DVC / PVC Research and Academic