Manufacturers may qualify for numerous exemptions and exclusions from sales and use tax, which may greatly reduce overall costs. Increased interest in sales and use tax collections make it more important than ever for Michigan manufacturers to ensure compliance in order to avoid substantial liabilities. Failure to meet all of the documentation requirements may result in the assessment of tax, penalties, and interest.
This seminar will contain an in-depth review of sales and use taxes as they apply to manufacturers doing business in Michigan, along with many of the common opportunities and pitfalls that frequently surprise businesses operating in the manufacturing industry. Register today to sharpen your skills and learn ways to operate within the rules to reduce sales and use tax liabilities.
Benefits for You
- Discover how to maintain documentation to facilitate audit preparedness
- Determine what is taxable and what is not
- Understand where exemption of production process begins and ends
- Stay up-to-date with recent judicial, legislative and administrative changes
- You will be able to discuss industrial processing exemption.
- You will be able to describe sales and use tax compliance.
- You will be able to explain legislative updates.
- You will be able to review resolution strategies for Michigan state tax controversies.