What will be discussed?
There are significant payroll compliance issues for employers when employees cross state lines in the course of employment. Our upcoming webinar discusses how to handle multi-state payroll processing when employees work in several states, including compliance issues, employment taxes, apportionment, correcting and avoiding errors, and more.
What you’ll learn?
· Reciprocal agreements and how they affect state income tax withholding
· Special rules for military spouses SUTA dumping — what it is and how to avoid this penalty trap
· State and local withholding certificates - when the federal W-4 isn't enough
Understand nexus and how employment within a state may create nexus for an employer
Determine which state(s) to withhold for when employees work in multiple states under the general rule
Understand the employee payroll tax and compliance implications of conducting business within a state
Determine which state(s) to withhold for when states that have reciprocal agreements or no state income tax are involved
Determine which state is the federal unemployment tax state when an employee works in more than one state
Understand that state rules differ with regard to taxable income, withholding thresholds, wage reporting and fringe benefits
Know when state or local withholding certificates or certificates of non-residency are required
Learn how to avoid failure to withhold penalties
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Payroll Supervisors and Personnel
Payroll Service Providers
Tax Compliance Officers
Employee Benefits Administrators
Officers and Managers with Payroll or Tax Compliance Oversight
Public Agency Managers
Audit and Compliance Personnel /Risk Managers
Speaker Profile: Patrick A. Haggerty is a tax practitioner, author, and educator, having an experience of 21+ years. His work experience includes non-profit organization management, banking, manufacturing accounting, and tax practice.
Use Promo Code MKT10N and get flat 10% discount on all purchases
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494
Check out our popular webinars:
1. 3-Hour People Intelligence Boot Camp: Successfully Dealing with Difficult Co-workers, Peers and Even Bosses - http://bit.ly/2Jn0kFR
2. 2 Hour Bootcamp on Preventing Harassment, Bullying, Gossip, Confrontational and Disruptive Behavior: A Manager’s Guide on How to Detox and Neutralize a Negative Workplace - http://bit.ly/2Jox5SS